Steve Jobs Quotes To Live By
One of my favorite books has been Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. It's incredibly inspiring to truly see deep into the thoughts and inner workings of one of the most brilliant minds of our lifetime. Steve honestly felt that anything was possible and that there were no limitations to his creations. His ability to identify solutions for problems that consumers didn't even know they had is incredible. Most companies will improve upon existing products, whereas Steve and his team of engineers developed products that were only imagined in sci-fi type cinema.
The book will absolutely give you a unique perspective on how one of the most successful business men lived his life and built several companies from nothing to something. It's inspiring, shocking, informative, and blatantly true. I've always learned so much from quotes and here is a compilation of some of my favorite from the book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. ~ Steve JobsHere's a collection of other incredible Steve Jobsquotes to live by (originally posted by Big Is The New Small).
1. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
2. Design is not what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
3. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
4. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.
5. You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.
6. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
7. One of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex.
8. Picasso had a saying: ‘Good artists copy, great artists steal.’ We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas…
9. There’s nothing that makes my day more than getting an e-mail from some random person in the universe who just bought an iPad over in the UK and tells me the story about how it’s the coolest product they’ve ever brought home in their lives. That’s what keeps me going.
10. No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share.
11. I have looked at myself in the mirror every morning and asked myself, ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ and whenever the answer is ‘no’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
12. My job is to make the whole executive team good enough to be successors, so that’s what I try to do.
13. Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
14. Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.
15. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.